ACCH March Newsletter
ACCH February Newsletter
ACCH January Newsletter
ACCH December Newsletter
Highlights from the report
- The most up-to-date data shows that 523 people died from an apparent accidental opioid poisoning so far in 2018.
- On average, 2 individuals die every day in Alberta as a result of an apparent accidental opioid poisoning.
- In the most recent quarter, 158 people died from an apparent accidental fentanyl-related poisoning, compared to 167 people in the previous quarter.
- While fentanyl-related deaths continue to increase, the increase appears to have slowed, and concurrently, non-fentanyl opioid deaths have decreased significantly.
- While it is too early to know for sure, this suggests overdose deaths may be plateauing.
The full report can be viewed at: